Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Little Things

Last night Evanna brought me to tears. The kind that come from such a deep part of your heart because it was touched with love. Being a stay-at-home mom, I am very rarely away from her and sometimes I wonder if she even notices when I'm gone because she absolutely loves socializing with other people. Well, last night I went to a ladies Bible group and left Evanna with Zach for only a few hours. I was expecting her to be asleep in bed by the time I got home and was somewhat displeased when I saw her still awake being rocked by Zach. That displeasure was soon turned completely around. When she caught sight of me the biggest smile spread across her face as she immediately reached out for me. This never happens so it was even more surprising when she wrapped her little arms around my neck and pulled me close. She also kept resting her head on my shoulder in between giving me big slobbery kisses. I didn't even know she was capable of showing such affection. The memory that was created in that moment will forever be ingrained on my heart.

On another note, Zach has completed his interview and physical fitness test for CBP. It will take at least a month to know how he did so now it's just a waiting game to find out if he passed everything. If he passes then we will have to wait for the background check and then an official offer. There is no telling how long all of this will take so we are just positioning our hearts to be willing to be obedient to whatever God opens. We do however have a very good feeling about it and I personally cannot see any reason why he would not be hired.

My little girl at almost 2 weeks old

No comments: