Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Tale of Two Tiny Dandelions

To some a Dandelion might represent something resembling a weed, a nuisance, or just something that needs to be gotten rid of. As a child, I enjoyed that magical feeling of blowing the little seed globe and watching all the delightful white fuzzies each float through the air on their own journey. Dandelions meant something of hope to me then, they meant making a wish and believing it would come true. 


As a result of my soul searching I have found a deeper and more personal meaning to the Dandelion. Lilias Trotter, a woman to whom I have looked for spiritual insight wrote "This dandelion has long ago surrendered its golden petals, and has reached its crowning stage of dying - the delicate seedglobe must break up now - it gives and gives till it has nothing left...There is no sense in wrenching: it stands ready, holding up its little life, not knowing when or where of how the wind that bloweth where it listeth may carry it away. It holds itself no longer for its own keeping, only as something to be given..." She was writing of herself and I have considered myself to be a Dandelion as well ever since I read and understood her meaning. As a christian I count it joy to give my life for the one who loved and surrendered His life first, to surrender my "golden petals" and hold my life up ready and willing for Him to send me where I can be fruitful even at the cost of death. 


I have found myself floating through the air after having my faithful Father breathe His breath of life over me and have landed as a married woman in Miami, Florida. Sometimes I'm not quite sure how I landed here, it seems just yesterday I was waiting in my own little meadow dreaming of promises yet to come and now here I am. I thought dying and being willing to be sent was the hard part but I have found that being fruitful and something of worth is just as challenging. I am 23 years old, have been married for 2 months, and just moved to Miami right after Zach and I "tied the knot". This journey that God has sent us on, these two dandelions of His, has been difficult but I can't help but feel an overcoming peace in knowing that there is a purpose to us being here. Even if it is to be but a shining light of His love and freedom to those around us.



I have created this blog to tell of the great adventure God has set us on knowing that it is filled with a lot of love, laughter, and tears. I pray that those tears will inspire growth and add not only flavor but genuineness of heart to the Tales of Two Tiny Dandelions. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I can't wait to read more!

Hopelessly Romantic Art Studio said...

I',m with Joy. I can't wait to read more. I think I have that pic of you blowing a dandelion in our field. Want it? lol Love the look of your blog too!
Love and hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jeniffer!
Can't you send me this foto in a large size? Thanks.
antonfisun87@gmail.com

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FwH3hFZHj4o/TLZhNFCFKgI/AAAAAAAAAA0/AGk3RJIdMOo/s1600/bubble,dandelion,girl,sunset-f48259d6fe3c1f27efa996f4e2794261_h.jpg

Anonymous said...

And this too, i need them for romantic movie on my music.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FwH3hFZHj4o/TLZmkZ2j66I/AAAAAAAAAA8/vwl-adxFZVQ/s1600/photography,breath,dandelion,wind,nature,wish-bce10aaac58e4b25c016eb97e2227f98_h.jpg